The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Hershey Company are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Hershey Scholars Program is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which is used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
- Be enrolled at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Classified as a Junior or Senior as of Fall 2017
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Open to the following majors: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Supply Chain Management, Finance and Sales
- Recommendation by university faculty or staff
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (Received from filing FAFSA)
- College Transcript (unofficial or official transcript, GPA must be included)
- Recommendation from school’s faculty or staff
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question
- Describe your interest in your major, your commitment to achieving a degree in this area, and your long-term professional goals? You should be as descriptive as possible.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the Hershey Scholarship. The deadline is May 21, 2017, 11:59 pm EST.