The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Costco are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Costco Scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $7,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and academic fees. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,600 per semester. Students must meet the following minimum criteria to apply for the award:
COSTCO Scholarship Requirements
- Must plan to enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member schools for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and community service experience
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be recommended by the faculty or staff member of your current school
- Open to all classifications
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents (at the same time that you are completing the application):
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official copy)
- Recommendation from current school faculty or staff member (must be completed online)
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question: a) Explain the importance of your major in today’s society and how it will make an impact.
How to Apply
This application is now closed.