The Lowe’s Emergency Scholarship Program is intended to help meet the financial needs of students of up to $5,000 who encounter an emergency situation, or one-time, unusual or unforeseen expenses during their degree program that will prevent the student from continuing in college. Situations eligible for funding include such events as:
- Medical, dental or mental health emergencies for the student or for immediate family members* who live with the student
- Expenses related to the death of an immediate family member*
- Unexpected loss of income
- Rent in arrears or risk of eviction
- Major accidents and events such as fire or natural disasters
Normal living expenses such as car repairs, child-care, utilities, taxes, credit card debt, personal/student loans, insurance and pet-related expenses are not covered by this program. Tuition and Fee expenses are not included in this program.
- Enrolled at any one of the 47 TMCF member-schools
- Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors & graduate students
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have an approved plan to return to study if leave is requested
Students will need to provide the following:
- Signed Letter of Support from the Financial Aid Director or Department Head
- Copy of Transcript that includes course schedule
- Student Aid Report
- Essay describing the immediate financial need/emergency situation along with the total dollar amount being request
- Budget detailing the amount of emergency funding requested, a list of specific expenses to be covered by the award and your financial situation including sources of income and other available funding
Applications from students are reviewed on a rolling basis once the application is complete. Awards may be up to $5,000 each.
*The immediate family consists of a student’s spouse or another qualified adult; the son, daughter, parent, brother, or sister of the student.
How to Apply:
To apply, click the button below and create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the TMCF | Lowe’s Emergency Scholarship Program application.