The Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Wyndham Worldwide are proud to provide financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship at up to $7,000 used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and textbooks.
Wyndham Worldwide Scholarship Requirements
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s member-schools
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Demonstrate need through FAFSA
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Open to college sophomores and juniors
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include leadership, employment/internship experience, community service)
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (recommender must complete online form)
- Essay: *In a maximum of 500 words, please address the following question: What do you consider to be a particularly pressing issue or challenge for college students right now? How do you believe this issue or challenge could be solved?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Wyndham Worldwide Scholarship application. The deadline is April 30, 2017 11:59pm EST.