The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and MillerCoors are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools.
MillerCoors Scholarship Requirements
- Must be 21 years or older by June 1, 2017
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by recommender)
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question: Describe a significant setback, risk you have taken or ethical dilemma you have faced and the impact it has had on you? How did this experience enhance your leadership ability?
Documents must be in PDF format only. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | MillerCoors Scholarship application. The deadline is April 30, 2017 11:59pm EST.