The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Hershey Company are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Hershey Scholars Program is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship of up to $6,200 for the 2016-2017 academic school year, which is used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
- Be enrolled at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Classified as a Junior or Senior as of Fall 2016
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Open to the following majors: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Supply Chain Management, Finance and Sales
- Recommendation by university faculty or staff
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (Received from filing FAFSA)
- College Transcript (unofficial or official transcript, GPA must be included)
- Recommendation from school’s faculty or staff
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question
- Describe your interest in your major, your commitment to achieving a degree in this area, and your long-term professional goals? You should be as descriptive as possible.
How to Apply
This application is currently closed.