The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Costco Wholesale are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Costco Scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year, used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and books. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,150 per semester.
- Enrolled as a fulltime student at one of TMCF’s 47 member schools for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Open to all classifications
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be recommended by the faculty or staff member of your current school
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official transcript)
- Recommendation from current school faculty member or staff (completed online)
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
How to Apply
This application is closed.