The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Annenberg Foundation are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students who will be incoming freshmen at one of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The scholarship is open to all incoming freshmen/graduating high school seniors with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive an on-campus mentor and a one-year merit scholarship not to exceed $15,000 (based on need) for the 2016-2017 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, required textbooks, and some travel expenses to/from LA during the fall and spring academic semester. This is a one-time scholarship and is not renewable. Students must meet the minimum criteria to apply for the award.
Annenberg Scholarship Requirements
- Be enrolled as a full-time freshman student an HBCU, preference given to students enrolled at a TMCF member-school for the 2016-2017 academic school year
- Have a current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Graduating High School Senior
- Must be from the Los Angeles, CA area
- Be a U.S. Citizen
Your completed application will require the following supporting documents:
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- 2016-2017 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent high school transcript (unofficial or official, includes GPA)
- Recommendation from school faculty member
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- What excites you about your intended major and how do you plan to make your personal contribution to the field?
How to Apply
This application is closed.