The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with Altria is proud to announce the Altria HBCU Scholars Program. The Altria HBCU Scholars program is open to outstanding students currently in their sophomore year, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and who will be graduating during the 2018-2019 academic year. In addition to having the opportunity to develop key skills at a Top 50 company, these scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the 2017 TMCF Leadership Institute in Washington D.C.
- Participate in an Altria HBCU Immersion experience in spring of 2018
- Participate in a 10-12 week internship with housing assistance provided in either Richmond, VA (non-Sales) or across the country (Sales)
- Receive a need-based scholarship of up to $15,000 total over the term of the Altria HBCU Scholars Program – up to $5,000 at the time of enrollment during junior year, up to $5,000 at the beginning of the senior year if a job offer is extended and accepted and up to $5,000 at the end of the senior year upon completion of the program.
- Participate in various career development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers
- Receive on-going coaching and mentorship
- Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU campuses to build awareness for the Altria HBCU Scholars Program
This highly competitive program targets students for opportunities in 6 areas:
Scholar Expectations (including, but not limited to the following)
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU or PBI
- Currently in the second year of study, graduating in either December 2018 or Spring 2019
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to participate in all program-related activities
- Willing and able to spend 10-12 weeks in Richmond, VA (non-Sales) or across the country (Sales)
- Must remain in good academic standing
- Must not have any disciplinary infractions on academic record
- Able to successfully complete all program requirements
- Serve as post-internship Altria Ambassador during their final year
- Students selected to participate in the program must provide TMCF with supporting documentation requested during the financial need verification process
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create or login to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the Altria HBCU Scholars application. The deadline is May 19, 2017 11:59pm EST. To learn more about Altria, click here. Visit the Career Paths page to learn about careers at Altria from former interns.