In partnership with the Vice President of Revenue, the Director, Business Development is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build TMCF’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Director, Business Development will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support. The Director, Business Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a $11M budget through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
She or he will expand and diversify TMCF’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. It is expected that the amount raised by TMCF will increase in future years as the Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
Vice President of Revenue
The Director, Business Development is expected to:
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Finance and Vice President of Revenue to develop and implement TMCF’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the Vice President of Revenue and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of proposals; write and archive proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach
- Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position TMCF ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to Vice President of Revenue and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the fundraising activities
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATION
- 5-plus years of professional experience in a non profit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of TMCF
- High energy and passion for TMCF’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Pay: $60-$75k, with on target incentive earning opportunities
- Start Date: January 1, 2017
- Benefits: Health, Dental, FSA, 403(b), Bonus Potential
- Manages Others: No
- Reports To: Vice President of Revenue
- Location: Remote Position
Click here to apply!